Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Spotted Owl & Woodland Mouse




I listed these two last Sunday and they sold within an hour of listing.

I just finished a new piece and wll get pictures soon. It's of a Eskimo and a harp seal. I was surprised when I got him to stand the first time with no adjustments. He's in a bending over position looking down at the seal.

At present I'm working on a St. Andrew Beach Mouse inspired by a photo I saw in Utne Reader by National Geographic photographer, Joel Sartore. They are really cute little guys. They're usually very pale with a light tan top and white underneath. These little mice are probably one of the most endangered small mammals.
Also, I'm working on a sewn mohair elephant. There's kind of a funny story behind this one. I found this gray mohair jacket at the thrift store. I immediately thought this wouls be great for making bears and elephants. The tag in the jacket read "teddy bear fabric". The fiber was loomed at Shelton Looms. Well, I didn't find the tags until after I ripped the jacket apart. The jacket was worth more money than the fiber. Live and learn. It's really a nice dense mohair and will make some lovely teddies and friends.

2 comments:

Conni said... [Reply]

Wonderful felt work! Every detail with so much skills and love forms. Really!

Lots of love
Cornelia

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks, Cornelia :-)!