Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's November Already!?!












Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I can't believe how this year has flown by! We've already had a couple of pretty good freezes. And both my husband and I came down with the flu! So while I was resting between sneezes and coughs, I tried to catch up on some reading. When I opened up my last month's Utne reader, I saw the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. It was a photo of a little St. Andrew Beach Mouse by Joel Sartore. It brought to mind warm days, white sand beaches and the gentle waves of the Florida coast. And when I finally finished little Periwinkle and listed her, she sold right away.

My second piece was of an Inuit man and a baby harp seal. I continued my sale and it didn't go as well as I had expected. One of my regular buyers got a real bargain. They sold for under $30.00! I think that's the lowest any of my work has ever sold for. I was happy it was to one of my good customers. I guess people aren't ready for snow and cold, warm sunny beaches did much better.

I have three pieces on now, a little chipmunk named Hazel, a piglet by the name of Gingersnap and a little mouse named Kringle. They all end Sunday at 6:45 PM PDT.


My flu is still lingering on a bit. Living in such a small town you get see how these things progress through the community. It seems the whole town has had this one. It's just the regular old seasonal flu. But we've had a couple of cases of swine flu already. One of them is a pregnant woman who contracted it by going to her prenatal checkups at the Ridgecrest hospital. She is recovering nicely. But it was a bit of a scare. The town children (all nine or ten) get innoculated for swine flu soon. I hope you all stay well!

5 comments:

Heather said... [Reply]

These guys are so cute :)

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks, Heather!

Bearly Sane said... [Reply]

They are all lovely but the chipmunk would have to be my favourite ... good luck with your auctions Robin!
Hugs,
Sandi

filz-t-raum.ch said... [Reply]

wonderful feltwork!!!
they are so cute....
bye,
filz-t-raum.ch

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Sandi & filz-t-raum.ch. Your compliments mean a lot to me :-)!