Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another Learning Experience & a Flying Mouse

Happy Mother's Day to all of you and a huge thank you to Kristy (Fiver).  My chimp was real challenge. His fur kept falling out and getting gummed up with glue. I ended up getting really frustrated and tried super glue. That resulted in some very furry fingers and a mad dash to find some acetone to remove the glue and fur. Kristy was kind enough to offer me some advice and instruction. It helped immensely with the fur. But I still have the problem of the sunken eyes. So the little chimp is marked as yet another learning experience.

I did, however, manange to complete a little fairy mouse to go on auction tonight. She comes complete with her polymer clay mushroom and berry.

9 comments:

Bossy Betty said... [Reply]

Incredible! Love looking at these!

Fiver said... [Reply]

Oh wow! Your chimp is great Robin! You really have a talent for this - keep it up! :) And of course you can ask me anything anytime - though I'm not really the best at furring myself, I'll try to help as best I can. So what will become of your cuties you call "learning experiences"??? I think people would want to buy them.

And the little fairy mouse....OMG!!!!!!! He is absolutely adorable!!! I bet the bidders will be going crazy over this little guy!!!

Bearly Sane said... [Reply]

What a cute little fairy mouse...gorgeous!

Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

filz-t-raum.ch said... [Reply]

i love your beautiful animals, they are so cute!!!
have a nice day!
bye,
filz-t-raum.ch

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks for the compliments!
Fiver, They're resting on my dresser. I don't think I'll sell them. I'm not sure what will become of them. My felties that I've been not thrilled with get makeovers. But after the chimp makeover/furry fingers, I don't think I'm too eager to try that. On one of my painting groups we had swaps of our learning experinces and other people got to do the makeovers on our not-so stellar paintings.

Alba Linea said... [Reply]

just can say "WOW"! love your little treasures! best wishes ;0)

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Alba!
Karol, I'm not quite sure what you are implying. Are you saying that I'm lying about something? I hope it's just a difference in language.

Ascension said... [Reply]

A mi personalmente me encata tu chimpace!!!!!
Es una preciosidad!!!!
El ratoncito te ha quedado genial!!
besitos ascension

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks, Ascension!