Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blinken, a Life-Sized Western Screech Owl




I just finished this guy this morning. The weather was perfect for some outdoor shots.  It wasn't too windy for a change.  He's named after a little screech owl at the bird rescue where I used to volunteer.  There was actually quite a little crew of these guys, Winken, Blinken, Nod & Owl Jolson. Blinken was my favorite little guy to take to the school talks.  The others weren't quite as calm on the fist. My little guy is true to life size at only 6 inches tall and 9 inches long from the tip of his beak to his tail.  He is both wet felted & needle felted.

6 comments:

Catherine said... [Reply]

WOW!!! He is just gorgeous! I love the work you have been doing.

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Catherine :-)

MALINIK said... [Reply]

Wow, really charming owl!
Ina

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said... [Reply]

I love birds, I love owls. He really looks so right sitting in that tree. I think he is really fabulous.

Wendy Luane Barber said... [Reply]

He is wonderful. I love owls. There's one in my neighborhood and I love listening to him in the early morning.

Unknown said... [Reply]

Wow!! He's amazing!