Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm out of Wool!





I just finished this massive turkey. He's nearly 16 inches tall and 19 inches wide. He took over a pound and a half of  core wool. He has 9 different hand dyed  colors in him.  He's so big that used up my entire supply of  core wool and 2 ounces of  brown  llama wool. He  cost over $60 to ship him to my customer in the states.  I believe he is my largest felty to date. I named this fellow "Chief"/ 

Pictured below "Chief" is a  doll that I've been working on.  I wanted to learn how to do pressed and mo lded felt. I thought it might come in handy for chimp faces and a few  other things. I checked out several books from the library on doll making by Susan Oroyan and bought a kit from Susan McFadden on ETSY. http://www.etsy.com/listing/73591500/vasalissas-doll-kit I promptly destroyed the paper clay mask and  sculpted my own with the generous supply of paper clay included in the kit. It's also a good thing that she included more felt as I've destroyed a few body parts. A seamstress I am not! I've got her body completed and am working on costuming her. I thought I'd do a witch's costume for the Fall. We'll see how it turns out.  I can't wait to get my core wool that I've ordered and get back to my comfort zone. Lol

11 comments:

Rosamargarita said... [Reply]

Es precioso el guajolote!
Un abrazo

Helen Priem said... [Reply]

Whooohoo Robin he is unbelievable, good grieve I thought my owl was huge! And the doll looks very very good ! If you need tips for the doll ask me ( for assembling or whatever)
Respect!

DollZandThingZ said... [Reply]

Wow! That turkey is magnificent! Your customer must be VERY pleased! Your doll is coming along great! Hope that your will arrives very soon!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thank you Rosa, Helen & Helen :-)
I can't believe how many typo's I had to just correct. Thanks for the encouragement on the doll. She's kind of taken over my whole work area and she's only 11 inches tall. Also thanks Helen for the offer. You're one of the best doll makers. I love everything about them.

Catherine said... [Reply]

Wow is right!!! That turkey is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! I think the doll face is great too.

Barby Anderson said... [Reply]

I love your turkey and doll Robin! They are truly masterpieces!

Carolyn said... [Reply]

Wow, your turkey is amazing! And your doll is going to be so adorable. I am in envy of you talented people!

Unknown said... [Reply]

Incredible work!

Marion

Gail Burton said... [Reply]

WOW! Robin, he is FANTASTIC! What a fab centrepiece he would be on a Christmas table. I LOVE him.

Gail x

wesliane said... [Reply]

I am in awe of what the turkey you are a fabulous job well done I adore fairy

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thank you, Barby, Catherine,Bama, Marion, Gail & Wesliane! Your compliments made my day :0)